The Dynamiq team were delighted and proud to lead the recent successful application by charity WBDM (Wokingham and Bracknell District Mencap) for a Foundation Grant application from the St James’s Place Foundation, the charitable arm of St James’s Place Wealth Management.
What will the Grant Provide?
The Grant will provide vital financial support for WBDM’s Youth Club – Youth Club @ Addington – a weekly term-time Youth Club for 15-20 children (some with very challenging behaviour). The children who join the are aged between 13 (Year 9) – 19 and all have learning disabilities and/or autism.
Young people with learning disabilities and/or autism have significantly less opportunity to be independent and spend time away from their parents doing fun activities with their peers.
Equally, their parents have little time to themselves or to spend with their other children which can lead to social isolation, mental health issues and a decline in well-being.
What Difference Will the Youth Club Make?
The Youth Club will make a massive difference to by:
- providing fun and relaxing opportunities for young people with learning disabilities and/or autism to participate in activities with their friends and peers,
- deliver a vital setting and environment providing empowering platform for personal, social and educational development,
- provide a meaningful contributing to their self-confidence and well-being;
- provide time away from parents and carers contributing to greater independence – critical for living;
- prevent social isolation and improve well-being;
- benefit parents, carers and family members as they have time for themselves or with other family members (such as siblings) helping to improve their well-being.
The Youth Club forms part of the WBDM mission and “The local charity delivering on the promise that ALL people matter.”
If you would like to support this amazing charity you can get in touch with them via:
- Phone – ☎️ 0300 77 8539
- Email – ✉️ email@example.com
Find our more about our values and why we love working with charities helping them raise money to support their amazing work 👉: Our Mission